Funding Announcement: K-12 School Partnership
Call for Applications (CFAs):
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region (NN/LM MCR), under contract with the National Library of Medicine, announces the availability of K-12 School Partnership funding. The MCR plans to fund four awards up to $1,500 in Option Year 3 (May 2014-April 2015):
- Deadline for submissions is September 30, 2014.
- Recipients will be notified by October 7, 2014.
- Projects must be completed by April 30, 2015.
The purpose of this award is to support new projects or enhance existing collaborative projects between a library (public, community college, or academic health sciences) and a K-12 school entity (school library, school nurse, health/science teacher) involving National Library of Medicine health and/or science information that can serve as a model for other partnerships.
Examples of projects include:
- Partnerships to provide access to health information to support health and/or science curriculum.
- Partnerships to conduct innovative health and/or science information outreach programs.
- Partnerships to benefit community access to health information.
- Partnerships to improve access to health information for underserved/vulnerable populations.
Allocation of Funds:
Reimbursements will be made to project leader upon receipt of invoice(s). Indirects and overhead are not allowable.
Quarterly and final reports are required.