Member Activities RE: Medicare Quality Measure
We have 84 hospitals who are Full members. Fifteen (18%) responded to our questionnaire on quality activities. 11 (73%) are involved in an activity. 4 (27%) either don’t know or are not involved in an activity.
How are our members involved? They are doing literature searches and document delivery and/or are participating in their hospital’s efforts (committee, project, task force) addressing one or more of the Medicare metrics.
Top three Medicare effective care metrics with librarian involvement:
- 5 (71%) Discharge Instructions
- 4 (57%) Averting Blood Clots in Surgery Patients
- 4 (57%) Averting Catheter Infections
Top three Medicare patient satisfaction metrics with librarian involvement:
- 5 (71%) How well nurses communicated with patients.
- 5 (71%) How well doctors communicated with patients.
- 4 (57%) How clean and quiet the hospital room and hall were.
Thanks to all who completed our questionnaire. More information in the April Plains to Peaks Post issue.