NLM Job Posting: Head, Collection Access Section
Forwarded from NLM:
Sometime in the next week, there will be an announcement on USAJOBS.gov for the Head of the Collection Access Section in the Public Services Division at the National Library of Medicine. The position will be listed as Supervisory Librarian GS-1410-14, with a salary range from $105,211 to $136,771 including locality pay per annum. The announcement will be posted for five days. This brief posting period is because of the federal government’s interest in accelerating the hiring process and should not be interpreted as an indication that someone has already been selected.
The Head of the Collection Access Section is responsible for:
- Managing NLM’s offsite document delivery operations including all associated contract activity;
- Managing NLM Onsite document delivery services to patrons in the main Reading Room, including oversight of contract activity to support patron copying and printing;
- Overseeing the development of DOCLINE, NLM’s automated request routing and order referral system for medical libraries;
- Managing an automated document request monitoring and delivery system for NLM’s interlibrary loan activity (Relais);
- Managing customer services operations for referred inquiries regarding DOCLINE, interlibrary loan and onsite collection access services; and
- Assisting in testing new NLM products and services that affect circulation, bibliographic searching, interlibrary loan and document delivery.
Please contact Martha Fishel, Chief, Public Services Division at 301.496.5501 or email@example.com with questions regarding this position. /ch