Webinar–Meaningful Use: Libraries connecting patrons to ACA resources
As libraries look ahead to the October 1 open enrollment date for the health insurance marketplace, there is an abundance of information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and many opportunities for libraries. One of the key roles that librarians can play is to maintain an awareness of available resources in your area, and develop an approach for connecting patrons to those resources in the way that makes the most sense for your community.
Please join this interactive session, where we will discuss strategies for libraries to identify ACA resources, hear from libraries that are working to prepare for patron requests, and obtain key policy and resource updates from ACA experts.
- Susan Hildreth, Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Susie Butler, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Evan Gallagher, ZeroDivide
- Carmen Patlan and Tatiana Alonso, Waukegan Public Library
- Lissa Staley, Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library
If you cannot attend this live session, a recorded archive will be available to view at your convenience. Please sign up here if you’d like to receive notifications about this project, including when the archive is available.
- Date: August 28, 2013
- Start time: 1:00 p.m. Eastern / 10:00 a.m. Pacific
- Tweet: #wjwebinar #libs4health
- Registration: Please visit WebJunction to register for this event.