IHA Health Literacy Conference 2013
The 12th Annual IHA Health Literacy Conference, “Operational Solutions to Low Health Literacy,” is scheduled for May 8-10, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency, Irvine, California.
Our Call for Poster Abstracts will open next week. We will accept poster abstract submissions until February 28, 2013. Instructions will be posted next week about how to submit your abstract on your research project or a program you have implemented. This is a great venue for you to share information with your peers about your hard work and successes!
Folks who have attended our conference tell us what really sets the IHA Health Literacy Conference apart is that you can attend four, 1.5-hour skill-building sessions. Roll up your sleeves and learn specific skills to help you function more efficiently and better understand and meet your clients’ and patients’ needs.
These sessions provide a wide selection of choices, from tools you can use and programs you can replicate to practicing new skill sets, and more.
Here are your breakout session topics for 2013:
- Cultural Competency Training
- Creating Unbiased, Understandable Shared Decision Materials
- Methods for Evaluating Teaching and Training
- Numeracy: How to Convey Quantity, Time and Risk
- Enhancing Health Literacy Across a Health System
- Challenging Legal Communication: A Toolkit for Non-Lawyers
- Tools to Teach Child Health Skills to Low Basic Literacy Patients
- Designing Health Information: What You Need to Know
- How to Get your Health Literacy Program Funded
- Identifying the Drivers of Language Access