What you missed on MCR Twitter Digest -April 03-16, 2012
Dear MidContinental Region News Readers,
You may have noticed that we have recently started posting a digest of our Twitter Tweets from the previous two weeks or so in the MCR News.
Well, we have certainly noticed because our web stats show a jump in clicks to the full text of these Tweets the day the digest is posted to the MCR News. With this good feedback, we will continue to provide you with a digest of Tweets.
You may now find yourself wondering where does the MCR Staff get all these great health information access, non-library centric news items they Tweet on Twitter?
You are correct to notice these Tweets are health information access related, non-library centric news items. They are cherry-picked from dozens of Blogs, Listservs, email announcements, news feeds, online magazines, and Twitter by your NN/LM MCR Staff.
You are probably thinking to yourself right now that because these Tweets are such good health information access, non-library centric stories that you’d like to do your own cherry-picking and send to your users.
Yes! This is exactly what we’d like you to do. Please share them with your users.
So, now you are thinking about how you want to do this (get help here) and you are remembering that when reading the digests that many of the Tweets are time sensitive and are breaking news items and you don’t want to share old news with your users.
If you want to avoid sharing “old news” you can create yourself a free Twitter account (www.twitter.com) and follow our Tweets @nnlmmcr (https://twitter.com/#!/nnlmmcr). You can make it so Tweets to you come to your email.
You now are probably exhausted reading all this and just want to get to the digest.
Yes, sorry about that…
Here are a few Tweets being sent via the NN/LM MCR’s Twitter account you may have missed.
- HealthMap utilizes sources for disease outbreak monitoring and real-time surveillance of emerging public health threats ow.ly/aghAn April 13, 2012
- States scramble to handle ‘tsunami-like wave’ of HIT (Health Information Technology) demands. ow.ly/ag3tL April 13, 2012
- Incisive research links teeth with diet (apologies for the pun) ow.ly/ag33q April 12, 2012
- Transforming EHRs into modern patient collaboration tools ow.ly/afdlf April 12, 2012
- The ASPH launched its web app “I am Public Health” which answers “What can I do with a degree in public health?” ow.ly/abFAX April 11, 2012
- A Key Ingredient in Success? Failure, Says CDC Head ow.ly/adBaV April 11, 2012
- MT @NLM_4Caregivers From NEJM. Bypass Surgery May Be Better Than Angioplasty for #Seniors: ow.ly/a7Wlr April 10, 2012
- New Maximus Center for Health Literacy webinar: 5 Writing Tips to Improve Readability Fri. 4/13 2pm ET. register @ ow.ly/abFaG April 09, 2012
- ICD-10 Compliance date delay to Oct 1, 2014. Proposed by HHS Secretary Sebelius. ow.ly/aauQE April 09, 2012
- MT @NLM_4Caregivers Primary Care Visits Every 2 Wks Linked to Better Outcomes for people w/ uncontrolled #Diabetes ow.ly/a7W5w April 06, 2012
- World Health Day is on April 7th ow.ly/a7AsZ April 05, 2012
- QUALITY HEALTH CARE FOR CULTURALLY DIVERSE POPULATIONS March, 2013 Submit your ideas for topics and formats to ow.ly/a6sdr April 04, 2012
- UnitedHealthcare & Feinberg School of Med. Launch New Plain-Language Initiative to help elderly take meds correctly. ow.ly/a3n8Z April 03, 2012
- New Maximus Center for Health Literacy webinar: 5 Writing Tips to Improve Readability Fri. 4/13 2pm ET. register @ ow.ly/a3lek April 03, 2012