EDUCATION: Breezing Along with the RML -Wed. November 16, 2011, 10:00 Mountain Time, 11:00 Central Time
This year, libraries in Colorado, Wyoming, and Kansas have either been closed or downsized. By our standards, the librarians were performing professionally appropriate services within their hospitals. We’re concerned. At the next Breezing Along with the RML, Barb Jones will review the findings of the Hospital Library Evaluation Scan, which was conducted earlier this year. This scan is designed to track the organizational positioning and status of the library within hospitals in the MCR. Following the scan Barb Jones and Claire Hamasu will facilitate a sharing session on hospital libraries on the following questions:
1. Who controls the existence of your library at your hospital?
2. How would this person(s) describe your services?
3. How would this person(s) describe the impact of your services?
4. What are you doing or have you done to influence their perception of your services?
5. What examples do you have of outside influences solidifying the status of libraries?
URL: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/mcr/ Equipment: connection to the Internet and a phone, Login: as a guest with your first and last name. Instructions to connect to the audio will show up once you’ve logged in. Captioning will be provided a few minutes before the hour. Questions to email@example.com. (mm)