Emergency Planning Conference Subsidy
What do emergency preparedness planners and responders to disasters talk about when they get together at a conference? What would happen if a librarian was added to that mix? You can find out! The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region is sponsoring travel subsidies to two Network institutions to subsidize travel to an emergency planning conference before the end of March/April, 2010. http://nnlm.gov/mcr/funding.
Institutions will receive up to $1,200 per institutions to send staff to an emergency planning meeting.
- Members of NN/LM MCR who have submitted a continuity of operations plan for their library to the NN/LM Emergency Preparedness & Response Toolkit: http://nnlm.gov/ep.
- One of the first two Network members to complete and submit an application for travel subsidy. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=u3bGuEtFSlet7ncgiMUfFQ_3d_3d.
- Register for a conference that takes place by the end of April 2010.
- Attend and participate in conference sessions.
- Share your experiences with the region through a newsletter article, presentation, or a way mutually agreed upon with the NN/LM MCR.