Discover National Library of Medicine Resources and More
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region (NN/LM MCR) hosts a free monthly webinar that features presentations on health information resources from the National Library of Medicine, and other reliable organizations. Presentations will include useful exercises for you to gain hands-on experience using the websites and databases. Registration is not required. We offer 1 Medical Library Association Continuing Education credit per session (details are provided at the end of each session).
When: Held 4th Wednesday of each month, 1-2 pm MT/ 2-3 pm CT
Health Services Research - NLM Resources for Health Quality, Costs and Access | June 22, 2016, 1pm MT/ 2 pm CT
Presenter: Patricia Gallagher, National Library of Medicine
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) offers a suite of resources to assist you in research related to health quality, costs, and access. These resources are maintained by NLM’s National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR). Join us for an overview of three key websites, and learn how they can help fulfill your research needs.
- HSRProj (Health Services Research Projects in Progress): A citation database of projects in progress. It provides a comprehensive set of descriptions of health services research grants and contracts from governmental and private funders, with information from the mid-1990s to the present.
- HSRR (Health Services and Sciences Research Resources): A database of information about data resources – datasets, instruments and software – used by researchers in health services research, behavioral and social sciences, and public health.
- HSRIC (Health Services Research Information Central): A current-awareness web portal with links to freely available publications, databases, and more in areas important to health services research. The website places special emphasis on grey literature. It includes topics such as comparative effectiveness research, public health systems and services research, domestic violence and health disparities.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is involved in research on health quality, costs, or access.
- Anyone who teaches academic courses related to health services research.
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about these great resources.
How Do I Connect to Discover NLM Resources and More?
To participate in live webinars:
- You can participate in the live presentation from your desk with your computer and telephone.
- The session is conducted using Adobe Connect. It is recommended that you test your computer before the webinar. Please click here for the system test. The diagnostic test will tell you if you need to update Flash, check your connection speed, or install an Adobe Connect add-in.
- To log in to the webinar, go to the following website and login as a Guest, using your first and last name: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/mcr2. After you login, follow the instructions in the Adobe Connect meeting room to connect to audio through your telephone.
To watch a recording:
Sessions are recorded, captioned and posted on this web page usually within one day of the session. You can access the recordings under Previous Sessions below. Power Point slides are available upon request. Please direct your request to Christian Minter
April 27, 2016
Resources for Community Colleges
View the archived recording at goo.gl/l9ZraQ
March 23, 2016
View the archived recording at goo.gl/hB4dbY
February 24, 2016
View the archived recording at goo.gl/0uVFvD
January 27, 2016
View the archived recording at goo.gl/nVgxtB
November 11, 2015
View the archived recording at: https://goo.gl/MpH2oE
(No captioning is available for this recording.)
October 28, 2015
Community Health Maps
View the archived recording at: https://goo.gl/idxWi3
September 23, 2015
View the archived recording at: https://goo.gl/4UAKgp
August 26, 2015
View the archived recording at: https://goo.gl/gquQc7
July 22, 2015
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/WvfpB9
June 24, 2015
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/XpAklU
March 25, 2015
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/fdXmei
February 25, 2015
TOXNET New Interface
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/ZTgthv
January 28, 2015
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/ojYres
December 3, 2014
Healthy Pets/ Healthy People
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/QScFsq
October 22, 2014
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/wlEXDx
Audio is not available on this recording.
September 24, 2014
Topic Specific Queries
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/3GdVQz
August 27, 2014
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/SLGzCq
July 23, 2014
Resources for Community Colleges
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/g3f9lH
June 25, 2014
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/2B20KR
May 28, 2014
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/ahyjUr