Breezing Along with the RML: RML Updates
Introduction and Instructions
What: Breezing Along with the RML Sessions
When: Third Wednesday of every month at 10 am MT and 11am CT
What: Two staff members from the RML or guests will present information on goals, activities, accomplishments, or resources. We may ask about your experiences or your opinions. We may encourage you to take action, offer a new service, or try a new technology. Every month will be different.
How: The updates are conducted using Adobe Connect. To test whether you can view the session try playing back one of our archived versions. If you have problems, contact John Bramble, Technology Coordinator, to help troubleshoot your system.
Recording and Presentation: Sessions are recorded, captioned and posted on this web page usually within one day of the session. Power Point presentations are available upon request. Please direct your request to Claire Hamasu.
- Go to: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/mcr2
- Enter as a guest.
- Sign in with your first and last names.
- Follow the instructions in the Adobe Connect meeting room to connect to audio through your phon
- July 15, 2015
- Writing your own job description
- Coffee Break - what have you given up?
- August 19, 2015
- September 16, 2015
June 17, 2015
Learn about the results of the Mobile Apps Experience Project. Learn about the apps that were evaluated and the assessment tool used to systematically evaluate mobile applications. Project participants shared what their experience was like with identifying and evaluating mobile apps.
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/XpAklU
April 15, 2015
Hear a brief overview of the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for funding the Regional Medical Libraries 2016-2021. Participants also provided input to help us in writing the proposal.
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/OwypAi
March 18, 2015
Faculty (Jeanne Le Ber, Erin Wimmer, and Darell Schmick) of the Spencer S Eccles Health Sciences Library talked about what influences impact in context, a review of social media tools (ResearchGate, LinkedIn, Google Scholar, Doximity, FigShare, and Twitter).
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/Nx0OI1
February 18, 2015
Julie Solenberger led a discussion on the results of the Marshall Study and how libraries around the country are using the results to promote their services.
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/xh6L9v
January 21, 2015
Presto Chango: From Collection Stewards to Connection Instigators. Jean Shipman and Christy Jarvis, from the University of Utah, Eccles Health Sciences Library shared the rationale, strategy, and outcomes of their recent radical library transformation - shifting away from collecting books in favor of connecting people.
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/Vc3GY3
December 10, 2014
The Biocontainment Unit, the University of Nebraska Medical Center and Ebola. John Lowe Ph.D., M.S., a virologist and environmental scientist, serves on the leadership team for the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit in which he coordinated transportation, environmental infection control, decontamination and waste processing associated with the 2014 treatment of Ebola patients at the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit.
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/ML8mm0
October 8, 2014
- Lean to the Left, Lean to the Right - Curious about Lean business practices? The Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library became active in the University of Utah Health Care Lean Initiative in 2013, and participated in several cohorts of the Health Sciences Physician Leadership Lean Education Program. The program covers the Lean basics, the value in it for libraries, and tips for initiating projects.
- In this coffee break session, we discussed ways to get MEan (about ME!) by exploring ways to incorporate the concepts of LEAN in our professional lives to reduce stress and bring a framework of mindfulness to our work.
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/HRdj1J
September 17, 2014
Copyright FAQ - Get answers to the most common questions asked of librarians today. If you find an image on the Internet, can you use it? Can the author of an article post it on a webpage? How can journal clubs share articles? Presented by Heather Brown and Marie Reidelbach from the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/ZaxIdT
August 20, 2014
- Dan Short, with the Copyright Clearance Center gave an overview of content licensing solutions for the academic market focusing on the Annual Copyright License and Get It Now.
- Health Literacy Updates from a) Dr. Catina O'Leary, President and CEO of Health Missouri b) Susan Bockrath, Steering Committee Member of Health Literacy Nebraska, and c) Monica Rogers on behalf of Deborah Boulware O'Neal from Health Literacy Kansas.
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/D51ERM
July 16, 2014
- Shakespeare and The Four Humors Traveling Exhibit - An NLM Traveling Exhibit at Creighton University Libraries.
- A Humor/Cartoon Collection from the University of Nebraska Medical Center, covering more than 50 years of medical cartoons.
- History of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Missouri - Columbia
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/b4kBYj
June 18, 2014
- Highlights of Medical Library Association annual conference from RML Staff
- Request for Information - The National Library of Medicine has published a Request for Information. Members were asked to generate ideas on future priorities for the NN/LM.
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/HaXi21
May 7, 2014
- Google Glass - Showcasing how librarians are utilizing Google Glass collaboratively to integrate new technology into health care and education. View the extra videos and resource links from this presentation at: http://ow.ly/wFVvl
- Open Access - This webinar provides an overview along with specific resources that can aid you in working with researchers, librarians, and the general public.
View the archived recording at: http://goo.gl/B72lKV
April 16, 2014
Digital Repositories - A panel discussion with four participants from four different institutions who have either started an Institutional Repository or are in the process of doing so.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/vRLQG
March 19, 2014
Clever Evaluation - Using existing data, combining evaluation with other project activities and enlisting the help of others in data collection.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/uLmo2
February 19, 2014
- Business Communications: Library Style - The One Pager
- Resource Sharing: Best practices in resource sharing for interlibrary loan, document delivery and other library mediated information services.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/tNmJm
January 15, 2014
"What Does it Mean to Be a Professional?" - Does it mean you work in an office? OR Does it mean you have to dress up for work? OR Does it mean you have a higher degree? OR Does it mean youâre a salaried rather than an hourly employee? OR Do you have to be certified?
View the archived recording at: http:ow.ly/sH3M8
December 18, 2013
Data Accuracy in Journal Abstracts: Implications for Informing Clinical Decisions presented by Dr. Raymond Sarmiento
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/rTufV
NOTE: Audio is not available for this recording but we have the caption transcript Captioning Script for Breezing Dec 2013. (PDF format).
November 20, 2013
Libraries in Transition - a panel discussion with six library directors
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/r1rBn
October 16, 2013
Health Literacy through Pop Culture presented by Monica Rogers
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/pX9bn
September 18, 2013
- Social Media lessons learned by the RML presented by John Bramble
- Intro to the MCR Game "Mission I'mPossible" presented by John Bramble
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/oZIXp
August 21, 2013
- Recap of the NLM- National Network Office virtual site visit of July 17 presented by Claire Hamasu
- The Affordable Care Act and You!, presented by Dana Abbey and Monica Rogers
NOTE: Audio is NOT available on this recording but captioning is present.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/oMLyk
July 2013 - No Breezing Ssession
June 19, 2013
- Monica Rogers explained CHIS - Consumer Health Information Specialization.
- Claire Hamasu discussed NN/LM plans for Year 3 for the MidContinental Region .
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/mcliT
May 15, 2013
Medical Library Association annual conference recap by the RML team
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/l4gLc
April 17, 2013
- Dana Abbey introduced two speakers on Systematic Reviews
- Barb Jones led the Advocacy Bookclub group in discussing "Winning the Story Wars."
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/kbTtt