Hospital Library Advocacy Resources
Library Advocacy Blog
This weblog brings together resources related to hospital library advocacy: standards and their promotion, making the business case for library services, and promotion of library within hospital and to outside organizations.
- Hospital Libraries Section of the Medical Library Association -
- Vital Pathways for Hospsital Librarians
Standards for Hospital Libraries 2007
- Advancing Effective Communication, Cultural Competence, and Patient-and Family-Centered Care: A Roadmap for Hospitals:"
- Speak Up: Understanding Your Doctors and Other Caregivers
- What Did the Doctor Say?:" Improving Health Literacy to Protect Patient Safety
- Facts bout the National Patient Safety Goals
Marketing and Promotion Resources
- American Library Association
- Advocacy and Legislation
- The Small but Powerful Guide to Winning Big Support for Your Rural Library
- Medical Library Association Library Public relations and Marketing
Order free promotional materials now!
Easy to implement! Health professionals love it and it makes your job easier!
and Justifying the Library
Marketing strategies and articles for immediate use
- Promoting Your Library - Greater Midwest Region
Gale Helps You to Market Your Library
Librarian Survival Kit
Created to help you promote your value as a health sciences librarian and the value of the services you provide to your institution.
Your Impact: Using Evaluation to Demonstrate
Link to class materials at the bottom of the page: Logic model, evaluation plan, resource list and more
Knowledge Management Resources
- KnowledgeManagement Workshop Chicago, February 7-8, 2013
- Post Workshop Sessions
- Knowledge Management Linked In Group
Patient Safety Resources
- AHRQ Patient Safety Network
- National Patient Safety Foundation
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- Linked in: Patient Safety Partners Discussion Group
Contact Barb Jones, Liaison for Advocacy, with questions or comments or for assistance in developing advocacy programs.