Lunch with the RML Schedule
When: Held last Thursday of each month, Noon - 1 pm / Archives
Awardee Project Reports / April 30, 2015
- Project: Development of a Service for NIH Public Access Compliance
Awardee: NYU Health Sciences Libraries, New York, NY
Description: In response to the policy change and the amount of articles not in compliance, the NYU Health Sciences Libraries will partner with the NYU Langone Medical Center’s Office of Science and Research (OSR) to develop a service that will:
- Educate researchers on the NIH Public Access Policy.
- Notify researchers when a publication associated with their grant award has not been successfully deposited into PubMed Central digital archive.
- Assist researchers in submitting their peer-reviewed manuscript into PubMed Central.
- Meet and discuss with scientific journal publishers best practices for submitting peer-reviewed manuscripts on the researcher or author’s behalf.
- Project: Assessing the Health Information Needs of the Madison County Rural Health Council
Awardee: Central New York Library Resources Council, Syracuse, NY
Description: With this project, the Central New York Library Resources Council (CLRC) will work with the Madison County (NY) Rural Health Council to determine their information needs and develop a relationship with the organization. This is a preliminary project which will hopefully lead to further engagement with this organization. The Madison County Rural Health Council is a relatively new organization of stakeholders from Madison County which was formed to “catalyze information sharing, access to healthcare and linkages among providers to improve the health of the people in Central New York.” Representatives on the Council include Madison County Mental Health, Madison County Office for the Aging, Madison County Public Health, Community Memorial Hospital, Oneida Healthcare, the Community Action Program, and Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
- Project: Capital District Hospital Library Catalogs Technology Improvement Project Proposal
Awardee: Capital District Library Council (CDLC), Albany, NY
Description: The Capital District Library Council (CDLC) will purchase and implement web-based public access online library catalogs for 11 hospital libraries that are members of CDLC’s Hospital Library Service Program. CDLC will also create a new union catalog of 11 hospital libraries. Making these catalogs and their holdings available online will provide faster and more efficient access to library health and medical information resource holdings. Efficient access to information will improve the provision of healthcare to the patients and clientele of these member hospitals.