Boost Box Schedule
When: Held 2nd Tuesday of each month / Noon - 1 pm / Archives
- MAR now offers 1 MLA Continuing Education (CE) credit per Boost Box session
- Details are provided at the end of each session
- A Model for Patient Engagement and How Libraries Can Improve Health Literacy / April 14, 2015
- Presenter: Cindy Hipszer, Project Manager, Pennsylvania Hospital Engagement Network (PA-HEN), Hospital and Health System Association of PA
- Description: Engage for Health is a program that provides libraries with details on how to assist consumers in improving their health through engagement with their providers. Libraries are asked to seek out partnerships with local health care providers to present a program built around the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Questions are the Answers program. The program offers interactive sessions that will place consumers in a role play to develop the confidence to engage in their interactions with health care providers.
This session will explain the importance of patient engagement, how to ask the right questions, and how libraries can use this model program to improve health literacy in their community, in partnership with local health care providers.