Federal Government Shutdown
National Library of Medicine (NLM) Status
- Due to the lapse in government funding, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) will be closed until appropriations are enacted.
- Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at USA.gov.
NN/LM MAR Status
- The government shutdown will not affect the regional medical libraries (RMLs), such as NN/LM MAR.
- If we hear differently, we will let you know. So we will plan to continue as normal.
- PubMed is open.
- However, it is being maintained with minimal staffing due to the lapse in government funding.
- Information will be updated to the extent possible, and the agency will attempt to respond to urgent operational inquiries.
- For updates regarding government operating status see USA.gov.
- NLM's ILL operations have ceased and our institution records have been set to temporarily inactive to prevent requests from routing to us.
- DOCLINE remains available at this time. However, DOCLINE customer service and ILL staff are not able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted.
- If you have questions about using DOCLINE, call your Regional Medical Library at (800) 338-7657. Canadian libraries should call CISTI at (800) 668-1222.
NLM Website Status
The information on the NLM website may not be up-to-date, transactions submitted via the website may not be processed, and the agency may not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at USA.gov.