- NN/LM MAR regularly updates our website to highlight authoritative information about the Affordable Care Act.
- Our goal is to help with your outreach efforts to inform consumers as they make important decisions about their health insurance options.
- Check out the latest additions: http://nnlm.gov/mar/consumer/aca.html.
Archive for the ‘@ the RML’ Category
What do Andrew Carnegie, a giant rubber ducky, Andy Warhol, and Diplodocus carnegii (Dippy the dinosaur) all have in common? Pittsburgh! Check out some great tips for visiting Pittsburgh from the Hospitality Committee: http://macmla.wordpress.com/2013/08/12/new-to-pittsburgh-get-tips-from-the-2013-macmla-annual-meeting-hospitality-committee/#more-2640
Please note that MAR will be closed for Independence Day on Thursday, July 4, 2013.
Presenter: Kate Flewelling, Outreach Coordinator, NN/LM MAR
Date: July 9, 2013
Time: Noon – 1 pm
No registration required.
Presenter: Elissa Director, Health Communications
Date: June 11, 2013
Time: Noon – 1 pm
No registration required.
The Journal of the MLA reports this as the most read article recently published. Check out how frequently visitors have accessed the study in JMLA, PubMed Central, and from our MAR website: http://nnlm.gov/mar/about/valuenews.html.
Both NLM and MAR will be closed on Monday, May 27 in observance of Memorial Day.
As a result of focus groups and usability testing, MAR has restructured our website (http://nnlm.gov/mar/) to provide entry points for the populations we serve: libraries, unaffiliated health professionals, K-12 professionals, and organizations providing consumer health information. We’ve heard your voices and have redesigned our site to focus on you!
New Subject Categories
We added 4 new tabs/categories directing you to content designed specifically to meet your needs:
- Libraries arranged by type of library:
- Academic Libraries: http://nnlm.gov/mar/libraries/academic.html
- Hospital Libraries: http://nnlm.gov/mar/libraries/hospital.html
- Public Libraries: http://nnlm.gov/mar/libraries/public.html
- School Libraries: http://nnlm.gov/mar/educators/
- Health Professionals
For health professionals unaffiliated with a medical library, public health professionals, mental health professionals, minority health professionals, and those working at Critical Access Hospitals: http://nnlm.gov/mar/hp/
- K-12 Professionals
For K-12 health and science educators, as well as those providing after-school programming in a K-12 school, community-based or faith-Based Organization: http://nnlm.gov/mar/educators/
- Consumer Health
For libraries, community-based and faith-based organizations providing consumer health information: http://nnlm.gov/mar/consumer/
- We added pages for Grant & Proposal Writing, as well as Planning & Evaluation Methods: http://nnlm.gov/mar/funding/planning.html
- We created a new Outreach Toolkit to support your own outreach initiatives: http://nnlm.gov/mar/libraries/toolkit.html
- We added selected NLM resources to each page to get you started with resources to meet your needs
- We added your primary MAR contact person on each page—so you’ll know who can answer your questions or concerns
So visit our redesigned website and let us know what you think!
Earlier this year, we announced that MAR would begin offering a quarterly technology webinar series called TechTime. Here was the announcement in our newsletter: http://nnlm.gov/mar/newsletter/2013/02/announcing-a-new-technology-webinar-series-techtime/
What: iPads, Androids, Kindles, Oh My! An Introduction to Mobile Devices
When: Thursday, March 21, 2013 / 11 am – Noon
Description: Thinking about taking the plunge and buying a tablet? Received one as a gift? Join Mark to learn more about the various tablets available on the market and how to get the most from them.
1. Beforehand, test your connection to ensure Adobe Connect will run on your computer: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. (NOTE: Only use Firefox or Internet Explorer)
2. Log-in at https://webmeeting.nih.gov/techtime/ and allow Adobe Connect to call your phone.
3. If you’re unable to connect online, then join us by phone: 1-888-450-5996, Participant Code: 888072.
4. If you cannot connect online or by phone, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Technology & Communication Coordinator
NN/LM Middle Atlantic Region
Health Sciences Library System
University of Pittsburgh
3550 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261