MAR invites applications for our next round of funding opportunities which are due March 13, 2015. Funding is designed to support our network members, as well as to encourage outreach activities aligned with the NN/LM mission to provide all U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information, and improve the public’s access to information so they can make informed decisions about their health.
Libraries, information centers, health centers, community- and faith-based organizations, and others providing health information services are encouraged to apply for a variety of awards that:
- improve health information services
- increase awareness and access to biomedical information
- educate and empower consumers to make informed decisions about their health
- prepare librarians and staff to meet the needs and challenges of the changing healthcare environment
To coincide with this new round of funding, MAR has teamed up with Outreach and Evaluation expert, Cindy Olney, from the NN/LM Outreach and Evaluation Resource Center (OERC) to offer a 4-part webinar series, eligible for up to 8 MLA CEs.
Mapping an Outreach Project: Start with Information; End with a Plan is designed for anyone who wants to garner support, financial or otherwise, for a new project or service. You will learn how assessment and evaluation can be effective tools for project planning and proposal writing. Assessment enables you to gather compelling information about the need and viability of your project. It also helps you build relationships with potential partners. Adding evaluation methods to your program plan helps you “begin with the end in mind,” making desired results the centerpiece of your project proposal. This class will elaborate on information contained in the OERC Planning and Evaluation booklets.
- Webinar 1: January 12: Noon-1:00 pm
Know the factors that influence people to adopt new ideas and technology so you can choose the best strategies for your project
- Webinar 2: January 14: Noon-1:00 pm
Gather information about your target audience that is most effective for planning your project
- Webinar 3: January 26: Noon-1:00 pm
Use a project-planning tool that allows you to logically link resources and activities to desired results
- Webinar 4: January 26: Noon-1:00 pm
Incorporate evaluation into your project and understand how your plan can be expanded into a full project proposal
These classes will be followed by a special 2-hour Grants and Proposal Writing course, offered online February 2nd / 10 am – Noon.
These classes will focus special attention on applications for MAR funding. However, information presented is relevant to many types of outreach and project proposals.
- Register for Mapping an Outreach Project: Start with Information; End with a Plan
- Register for Grants and Proposal Writing
- Submit your applications for MAR funding by March 13, 2014