Archive for the ‘Affordable Care Act’ Category
Friday, February 28th, 2014
As we approach March and the final month of open enrollment for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance marketplaces, there are many excellent resources to help you, your patrons, and your partners remain informed about accessing new healthcare options. Please read on for information on upcoming webinars and new tools, and feel free to share this message with others.
Are you aware of other resources that members of the library community would find interesting or useful to support patron understanding of the Affordable Care Act? Has your library developed new partnerships in response to this information need? Please join the Health Happens in Libraries team for a webinar on Thursday, March 27 at 2 PM Eastern to discuss your library’s experience! Registration for this free webinar is available at: http://webjunction.org/events/webjunction/prioritizing-patron-and-partner-engagement.html
You can also email us at any time to share your story or feedback.
Saturday, February 15th, 2014
Congressman Rush Holt will be sponsoring “Connecting your community to their healthcare resources: an Affordable Care Act Workshop for Librarians” on Tuesday, February 18 at the Plainfield Public Library from 9:30-11:30.
Speakers will include:
- Representative Rush Holt, from the 12th congressional district of New Jersey;
- Mary Chute, State Librarian;
- Susan Hildreth, Director of the Institute of Museum and Library Services;
- Jaime Torres, Regional Director of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services;
- and a local health care navigator.
Please click on the link at the end of this message for additional information including a registration page.
Questions may be sent to Kathleen Peiffer, Deputy State Librarian for Lifelong Learning, email@example.com; 609-278-2640 ext. 152.
View Invitation & Registration Form
Friday, February 7th, 2014
The current enrollment period for individuals seeking health care coverage in the health insurance marketplace is still open! There are many resources to support organizations and individuals in obtaining the information they need about this component of the Affordable Care Act. The following resources are intended to support libraries as they develop their own priorities for responding to patron inquiries in this area.
Do you have questions or input about libraries supporting community health information needs? Email us at any time! Thanks for your continued interest in Health Happens in Libraries, and for supporting our efforts to connect libraries with useful health information resources.
Friday, January 24th, 2014
The new Grey Literature Report has been published.
You can find it at: http://www.greylit.org/reports/current<http://support.nyam.org/site/R?i=pntoEXbca3f1aQ9Ky6zqvQ>.
This report’s main focus is on Gun Control <http://support.nyam.org/site/R?i=07R33gRh-dYv7EwQEmEhuQ> and the Affordable Care Act <http://support.nyam.org/site/R?i=OyiY3jxY0IwkbPemd0K-tA>, with a secondary focus on Child Health <http://support.nyam.org/site/R?i=vPMUWPdey5r5xUtL-iqCOw>.
We look forward to any comments, questions, or suggestions you may have in regard to the Report. Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
We hope you will find the database useful!
The Grey Literature Team
The New York Academy of Medicine
Friday, January 17th, 2014
OCLC Web Junction is providing an update webinar related to the ACA on January 22, 2014: http://www.webjunction.org/news/webjunction/new-ehealth-resources-for-the-new-year.html
Monday, November 4th, 2013
Links to NN/LM and NLM are featured in the WebJunction’s update to its project distribution list and social media.
Monday, October 28th, 2013
This session was a big hit and very informative. Make sure to check out the recording on our website: http://nnlm.gov/mar/training/lunch_recordings.html
Monday, October 28th, 2013
We are excited to announce our updated Health Happens in Libraries website. Please visit our project page, and spread the word about our updated Resources section, where you will find:
- Resources produced as part of WebJunction’s work to support libraries in their efforts to provide eHealth services to their communities
- Official Affordable Care Act (ACA) resources for all states
- Examples of resources created by libraries to respond to patron ACA and eHealth inquiries
We know that health information support happens in libraries every day, and we want to hear from you. If you have a story to tell or perspective to share about your library’s role in supporting community health and wellness, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are a few questions we are interested in:
- What programs or resources does your library provide to support health and wellness in your community? How do patrons and/or community partners benefit from these services?
- In what ways has your library been involved in supporting patrons with ACA application and enrollment activities? What are you learning from responding to this new information need?
We look forward to hearing from you and sharing these stories with the field.
Saturday, October 19th, 2013
Date/Time: October 24, 2013 / Noon – 1 pm (ET)
Info: Online / No registration required
Description: Assistors, Navigators and Marketplace Guides are certified and trained to educate and provide enrollment assistance to individuals and small businesses about health insurance options available through the Marketplace. We have invited a representative from DE, NJ, NY and PA to participate on a panel discussion and answer questions about assisting consumers with the Marketplace. Questions for this panel are being solicited in advance. If you haven’t already asked your question, do so now: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7ZDM75W
Qualified representatives participating on this panel include:
- Robin Stockton / Center for Family Services, Navigator Program, Camden, NJ
- Rebecca Cashman / Resources for Human Development, Inc., Navigator Program, Philadelphia, PA
- Lauren Pendergast / Program Coordinator for the Marketplace Guides at Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, DE
- Kathy Cannatelli / Director, Community Health & Preventive Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, DE
- Catherine C. LaMay / Program Manager, Saratoga Hospital Health Insurance Navigation Program, Saratoga Springs, NY
Saturday, October 19th, 2013
Here’s a profile that WebJunction recently shared on its homepage and project site about the efforts of Atlantic City Free Public Library to prepare for the Affordable Care Act: http://webjunction.org/news/webjunction/ready-set-respond-acfpl-aca.html.