U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for Libraries (Lunch with the RML session)
- Kelly Ayala, Community Relations Officer, USCIS, Newark, NJ
- Carla Pendino, Community Relations Officer, USICS, Philadelphia, PA
Date / Time: Thursday, February 27, 2014 / Noon – 1 pm (ET)
Where: Online / No Registration Required
Summary: Do you have library patrons needing immigration information or services? U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the agency within the Department of Homeland Security responsible for administering immigration and naturalization services and benefits. Our speakers will provide an overview of the role of USCIS and customer service tools, including how to contact USCIS, check on case status, obtain a form, and where to refer individuals seeking legal assistance.
They will also provide insight into the Community Relations Program, including information about hosting a Naturalization Information Session, ordering a free Citizenship Toolkit, setting up an “Immigration Corner” within your library, and taking a look at the USCIS online Citizenship Resource Center.
- Beforehand, test your connection to ensure Adobe Connect will run on your computer: http://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- Log-in at https://webmeeting.nih.gov/lunch2/ (ONLY use Firefox or Internet Explorer)
- Allow Adobe Connect to call your phone. Choose the DIAL-OUT option. HOWEVER, if the system has to dial an extension to reach you, then skip to the next step.
- If you’re unable to connect for any reason, then join us by phone: 1-888-850-4523, Participant Code: 172486.