Job Ad: Library Assistant, The Commonwealth Medical College Medical Library, Scranton, PA
Library Assistant—(Part-Time, hourly position, with some evening & weekend hours)
The Commonwealth Medical College, a new independent medical school in Scranton, Pennsylvania, welcomes interested candidates to apply for the position of Library Assistant. This is a part time position, providing 25 hours per week, with some day, evening & weekend hours.
This position is responsible for staffing the library during the day, as well as in the evenings and weekends. The library assistant will provide circulation, reference and technical assistance at the Information Services Desk, and assist the librarians with miscellaneous projects and with various library operations as needed. This position collects and maintains library usage data; communicates with library clientele and staff to resolve any library-related issues; and updates and maintains records within the Library’s Evergreen integrated library system. This position reports to the Library Director.
Required qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of library-related experience. Related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Familiar with the circulation, cataloging and online catalog modules within integrated library systems;
- Ability to perform copy cataloging using the National Library of Medicine and Library of Congress classification schemes;
- Excellent computer skills, with experience in the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word; experience in the use of MS Access would be desirable.
- Ability to learn a variety of web applications and work with new & emerging information technologies.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and a list of 3 professional references, to: Human Resources, The Commonwealth Medical College, 525 Pine Street, Scranton, PA 18509, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information about The Commonwealth Medical College visit our website at www.thecommonwealthmedical.org.