Job Ad: Librarian, Philadelphia, PA
Librarian – Fox Chase Cancer Center, Phila PA
TALBOT RESEARCH LIBRARY seeks full-time librarian for active, service-oriented information center serving the research, clinical and administrative staff of Fox Chase Cancer Center. The librarian will be involved in many of the library’s core operations. Specific responsibilities include: reference service, user assistance and user instruction, internet and online bibliographic database searches, assist the Director in marketing and evaluating library services and resources, provide maintenance and support for library technologies and assist in collection management.
- Master’s in Library Science (ALA accredited) along with at least one year working (or volunteering) in a medical, scientific or academic library.
- Knowledge of medical and scientific terminology, excellent internet and online searching skills, excellent communication skills (written and oral), excellent instructional and teaching skills, proficient technology skills and an ability to figure out solutions to tech problems.
- A strong commitment to service and the ability to work in a team as well as independently. Excellent work habits and a professional attitude.
- Must possess a proficient knowledge of online databases and internet searching, and an understanding of collection management.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills in relation to the diversification of job responsibilities. Ability to dissect a problem, devise alternative approaches, and persist until it is resolved.
- Bibliographic instructional skills, prior experience or coursework in online instructional tools, or a teaching background preferred. Marketing skills a plus.
- Must have good time management skills and an ability to evaluate priorities.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Need to be able to successfully communicate with technical support personnel either within Fox Chase or outside the institution.
- Must be able to clearly explain technical information. Should keep supervisor apprised of progress with job tasks.
Requisition Number 13-0087