Practice In Action Webinar Series: Emerging Prevention and Public Health Policy Issues
April 11, 2013
11:30 – 12:30 ET
Presenter: Amy Bush Stevens, MSW, MPH, Research, Evaluation and Policy Analyst, The Health Policy Institute of Ohio
This presentation identifies cross-cutting policy opportunities that are relevant to all prevention topics and support the ability of public health organizations to implement effective strategies to improve population health. With a focus on prioritizing prevention, we will discuss the integration of community prevention with medical care, developing new sources of prevention funding, re-allocating existing funding, expanding employer-sponsored wellness programs, and advocating to federal policy makers. We will also discuss building partnerships between prevention organizations and other sectors, ensuring a strong, local infrastructure and workforce, and improving the quality and accountability of prevention systems.
1. Log on to the Center for Public Health Practice’s Learning Content Management System:
2. Enter your username and password. (If you are a first-time user, select Create Account and enter
your profile information).
3. Select Course Catalog.
4. Select Monthly Webinar Series.
5. Select View - Emerging Prevention and Public Health Policy Issues
6. Select LCMS Registration. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email that will provide
you with access information.
Instructions are used to register for the live and/or the archived version of this webinar.
Registration confirmation will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check your spam/junk email for a message from this address. You should add this address to your address book or safe senders list so that it is not marked as spam.
Note: Once the LCMS registration is complete, you may click on TRAIN registration if you wish to have the webinar added to your TRAIN transcript.