Job Ad: Instruction Coordinator/Undergraduate Life Sciences Librarian, Cornell University
Link for external applicants: https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/10164/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=19571
Instruction Coordinator/Undergraduate Life Sciences Librarian-19571
Albert R. Mann Library, part of the Cornell University Library (CUL), is looking for a service oriented, creative, technically skilled professional who thrives in an innovative work environment and is energized by the opportunity to lead the library’s information literacy program. Candidates should also have a strong background and interest in the life sciences in order to develop and implement highly effective services in support of Cornell’s talented and ambitious undergraduate life sciences students. Working on a team of 15 colleagues who make up the Mann Library Services and Collections librarians, the Instruction Coordinator/Undergraduate Life Sciences Librarian will have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to the overall public services program at Mann Library. The librarian in this position will also play a key role on the campus-wide information literacy team, which is embarking on a new initiative to build the CUL campus-wide information literacy program as part of the implementation of the Cornell University Library 2011-2015 strategic plan.
Instruction Coordinator/Undergraduate Life Sciences Librarian will:
* Provide leadership and planning for the Mann Library instruction/information literacy program in response to College learning outcomes and evolving needs.
* Work with Mann Learning Technologies and Assessment Librarian to develop pedagogically rich tools and learning experiences to enhance information literacy programs.
* Serve as lead instructor for undergraduate life sciences information literacy programs, including partnering with faculty to integrate information literacy competencies into the undergraduate biology, agriculture and environmental sciences curricula.
* Develop and provide innovative information services for the undergraduate life sciences community.
* Serve as part of the team at Mann delivering general information services to the Cornell community, including reference and consulting services and instruction in information management.
The position will be open through April 12, 2013
* Subject degree or work experience in the life sciences.
* ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library, Information Science, Education, or equivalent graduate degree.
* Strong interest in working with undergraduates.
* Outstanding teaching skills.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated initiative and flexibility, and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Commitment to professional development.
* Interest or experience in information sciences and/or social media.
* Work experience in an academic setting, and/or instructional experience, especially in the area of information literacy or e-learning approaches.
Cornell University, located in Ithaca, New York, is an inclusive, dynamic, and innovative Ivy League university and New York’s land-grant institution. Its staff, faculty, and students impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas and best practices to further the university’s mission of teaching, research, and outreach.
Cornell University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.