Revised Job Ad: Assistant Director, Clinical Services, New York, NY
We have revised the minimum requirements for this position. Additional Health Sciences degree no longer required.
We are hiring for a new position- Assistant Director, Clinical Services. This is a wonderful opportunity to engage with the clinical communities at Weill Cornell Medical College. The description is below and also available here: http://library.weill.cornell.edu/About/career.html. Please share with interested staff.
Position Title: Assistant Director, Clinical Services
Status: Full Time, Academic/Faculty
Starting Salary: 67K
The Assistant Director, Clinical Services, Weill Cornell Medical Library, will build dynamic, collaborative relationships within the clinical and allied health departments of Weill Cornell Medical College, New York-Presbyterian Hospital and its affiliates. Implements and evaluates innovative clinical support services and contributes to the development of research and knowledge within the health sciences. Reports to the Associate Director, User Support, Research and Education, Weill Cornell Medical Library.
- Maintain and cultivate strong relationships to support the needs of allied health and clinical communities.
- Supervise the library’s clinical support team.
- Oversee, develop and implement clinical support services including, clinical librarianship program, systematic review service, and electronic medical record integration.
- Determine the impact of services and resources offered via ongoing assessment.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and students to assess and integrate information literacy skills within the medical school curriculum. Teach information literacy and evidence-based practice or other specialized classes in cooperation with library teaching faculty.
- As a member of the user support team, answer clinical and reference questions, conduct literature searches, provide consultations and promote the use of library services and resources.
- Keep abreast of new developments in education, information resources and clinical outreach services.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program. An additional graduate degree in the health sciences or related field preferred. Minimum of five years health sciences library or health care/biomedical environment experience. Three to five years of leadership/supervisory experience. Experience working with clinical teams. Demonstrated experience in the use of bibliographic research and clinical tools. Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills and teaching/presentation skills. Able to work collaboratively in a team environment. Demonstrated initiative, the ability to manage multiple projects and a commitment to professional development.
Applicants should send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of 3 references to Anny Khoubesserian, Administrative Manager, Weill Cornell Medical Library, 1300 York Ave., New York, NY 10065-4896, or e-mail to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>. The Weill Medical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, citizenship or veteran status(EOE/M/F/D/V).
Diana Delgado, MLS, AHIP
Associate Director for User Support, Research and Education
Samuel J. Wood Library & C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center
Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University
1300 York Avenue Room C-115
New York, NY 10065-4896