Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) Scholar Award
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites new librarians to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2012 MAC Annual Meeting: http://tinyurl.com/mac-scholar.
This year’s meeting will be part of the MLA Quad Chapter Meeting held at the Tremont Plaza Hotel in Baltimore, MD, October 13-16.
One scholarship will be awarded. The selected recipient will receive complimentary conference registration, which includes most meals, lodging at the conference hotel, and a one-year MAC/MLA membership.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A MAC member with 5 or less years of post-MLS experience
- A first-time attendee at the MAC/MLA Annual meeting
- Currently employed in a hospital or academic medical center library in the MAC/MLA region: District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania
- Willing to submit a one-page report detailing their experience and impression of the meeting to appear in MAC Messages Blog.
- Committed to attend ENTIRE meeting from October 13-16, 2012.
To be considered for this award, you must:
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or library director
- Submit an essay, NO MORE THAN 500 WORDS, describing your interest in participating in the 2012 Conference Scholar Program, your interest in health sciences librarianship, and how attending the MAC/MLA meeting will contribute to your professional development.
- Submit a current resume and cover letter.
Deadline for Submission
Applicants should email their completed applications to the MAC Conference Scholars Program at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 24, 2012.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Friday, August 31, 2012.
Please Contact Ryan Harris, MAC Membership and Recruitment Committee Chair, if you have any further questions, email@example.com, 410-706-315
Note: The selection committee requests that applicants not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.