Job Ad: Kaleida Health Libraries in Buffalo, NY
Kaleida Health Libraries in Buffalo, NY is pleased to announce receipt of a Learning Partnership grant from the Grace and Harold Sewell Memorial Fund. The grant will create a one-year Clinical Informationist Fellowship position.
Position Summary: The Sewell Fellow will be a librarian who will work as a clinical informationist (CI) in the new Gates Vascular Institute (GVI). To learn more about the GVI visit http://www.kaleidahealth.org/gvi/. The Fellow will be a full member of the Kaleida Health Library team embedded among the clinical staff in the GVI. S/he will possess expert knowledge of health information resources, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to provide cutting-edge, evidence-based services to the clinical staff with whom s/he will work.
Duties: The Fellow will provide complex and in-depth research support, literature searching, review and selection of resources, and instruction in the use of health information resources, materials and programs in all formats based on the information behaviors identified. The Fellow will design, develop, and teach both formal classes and informal instructional sessions on the use of evidence-based resources and information management tools to the staff working in the GVI. The Fellow also will monitor emerging technologies for incorporation into the instructional program. The Fellow will provide value-added consumer health information services to the patients being treated in the GVI and their caregivers. Other duties may be assigned. This is a one-year grant funded term appointment.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of health sciences bibliographic research and clinical information tools.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of medical terminology and the National Library of Medicine’s MeSH vocabulary.
- Excellent technical, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to teach and to present complex ideas effectively.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated independence, initiative, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Internal: Healthcare providers and students working in the GVI.
External: Patients, family members, and caregivers.
Experience Requirements: Prior experience working in a healthcare/biomedical setting.
To apply for the position visit: http://www.kaleidahealth.org/careers.