This is a wonderful opportunity to engage with the research and clinical communities at Weill Cornell Medical College. See the job description at: http://library.weill.cornell.edu/About/career.html.
Institution: Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University, Weill Cornell Medical Library
Title: Translational Science Librarian
Status: Full Time, Academic/Faculty
Starting Salary: $60,000
The Translational Science Librarian serves as the liaison for the Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC) and biomedical informatics programs including the Center for Health Informatics Policy (CHIP). Provides research support for members of the CTSC and the WCMC biomedical informatics community through consultation, training, current awareness, and service development in bibliographic and informatics-related research tools. Reports to the Assistant Director, Research and Digital Services, Weill Cornell Medical Library.
* Provide support to the CTSC, biomedical informatics programs and other research areas.
* Build relationships with bench researchers and clinicians through proactive participation in clinical librarian and other informationist programs.
* Provide education and training in informatics and research tools.
* Participate in researcher consultations of, and serve as liaison to the Translational Research Support Team.
Serve on the Institutional Review Board.
* Suggest and create special projects and programs to further the effective use of biomedical information resources throughout the center.
* Partner with Clinical Informatics to increase information access in the electronic medical record.
* Collaborate with health and life sciences librarians at Cornell University and Hunter College to further e-science initiatives.
* Assist with data curation, and data discovery and access processes.
* Graduate degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited institution. Advanced degree in basic sciences, informatics, or related field preferred. Demonstrated expertise in the use of bibliographic research tools.
* Experience in the use of molecular or genetic databases or translational science computational methods a plus. Two years of professional experience in a biomedical or hospital library preferred. Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills and teaching/presentation skills. Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
* Demonstrated initiative, the ability to manage multiple projects and a commitment to professional development.
Applicants should send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e‑mail addresses of 3 references to Anny Khoubesserian, Administrative Manager, Weill Cornell Medical Library, 1300 York Ave., New York, NY 10065‑4896, or e‑mail to email@example.com. The Weill Medical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, citizenship or veteran status.