Seeking An Attendee to MLA’s Disaster Information Courses
As many of you know, MLA is working with NLM to create the Disaster Information Specialization. MLA currently has a contract with NLM to develop 5 new CE courses on the topic of disaster information. Two of these courses are being hosted after the MLA 2012 in Seattle. MLA wants to work with the RMLs to fill these two classes. Here are the details:
- Each RML is able to send two attendees. One of the two attendees should be an RML staff member. So we are seeking one candidate from our region to attend.
- The courses are free for attendees. Attendees will be asked to cover their own transportation, hotel and food costs.
- The courses will be held at the RML at the University of Washington. MLA will provide buses to and from the University and the Seattle Convention Center.
- Attendees will take both classes. However, we are not splitting up attendance so that two attendees can take the first class and a new set of attendees can take the second.
- Attendees will receive MLA CE contact hours for attending the classes. They can use these hours toward apply to the specialization.
Below is preliminary information:
May 24, 2012
8:00 am – 11:30 am
U.S. Response to Disasters and Public Health Emergencies (or similar title)
Mary Moore, Chair, Department of Health Informatics, and Executive Director, Medical Libraries and Biomedical Communications, Louis Calder Memorial Library; and Kimberly A. Loper, Vice Chair – Administration, Department of Health Informatics and Special Projects & Digital Initiative Librarian, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Information Roles in Disaster Preparedness, Response, Recovery (or similar title)
Instructor: Robin Featherstone, Liaison Librarians, Life Sciences Library, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
If you are interested in attending, please contact Missy Harvey, Technology & Communication Coordinator for the Middle Atlantic Region: email@example.com.