New WISER Updates – iPhone/iPod Touch and WebWISER
WISER for iPhone/iPod touch 2.0
- WISER’s Help Identify Chemical capability is now available on the iOS platform. Identify and validate an unknown chemical based on the following criteria:
- physical properties of the substance gathered by observation or sensors
- signs and symptoms of victims of exposure
- the ability to categorize a substance, such as a substance used in a meth lab or a flammable substance
- hazard values from NFPA 704 placards
- transportation identification, including DOT placards, type of road trailer, and type of rail car
- Use WISER’s protective distance mapping feature on your iPhone or iPod touch. Visualize the areas likely to be affected during the first 30 minutes after a substance is spilled or released on a live map. The Department of Transportation’s Emergency Response Guidebook is the source of WISER’s protective distance data.
WISER for iPhone/iPod touch can be downloaded and installed directly from the Apple App Store:
WebWISER has been updated to include protective distance mapping. Visualize a protective distance map directly within your web browser.
Look for these exciting additions in the coming months:
- Universal iOS (iPad) support
WISER for Android 2.0, which adds Help Identify Chemical and protective distance mapping to this popular platform