New NN/LM Middle Atlantic Region (MAR) Staff
We are pleased to announce that MAR is now fully staffed. We would like to take this opportunity to introduce our team.
- Barbara A. Epstein, HSLS Director, is responsible for overall implementation of the contract, and will lead planning and implementation of the Regional Medical Library for the Middle Atlantic Region.
- Renae Barger, Executive Director, is responsible for leadership, development, administration and evaluation of MAR programs. Renae serves as a liaison to the National Library of Medicine, other Regional Medical Libraries and the Network members.
- Tristan Lucchetti, Administrator, will manage the budget, as well as monitor and track expenditures for subcontracts and awards.
- Michelle Burda, Network and Advocacy Coordinator, will plan Network member programs, with an emphasis on advocacy and changing roles for the information professional; coordinate outreach activities to hospital librarians; and manage the Region’s Membership and DOCLINE program.
- Lydia Collins, Consumer Health Coordinator, will have lead responsibility for developing, coordinating, and implementing consumer health information programs and providing outreach to public libraries and consumer groups, including soldiers, veterans and their families, senior citizens, caregivers, K-12 schools, and community-based and faith-based organizations.
- Kate Flewelling, Outreach Coordinator, will develop outreach programs to health professionals, with emphasis on services to unaffiliated health professionals, minority health professionals, public health workers, and mental health professionals.
- Melissa (Missy) Harvey, Technology and Communication Coordinator, will identify and evaluate technologies for MAR programs and develop a communication strategy to ensure that Network members and others in the region are informed about MAR activities, award opportunities and other initiatives. Missy will also provide support for academic librarians within the MAR.