Technology Improvement Award Recipients Announced!
The National Networkof Libraries of Medicine, Middle Atlantic Region is pleased to announce the recipients of our latest round of Technology Improvement Awards!
The recipients are:
- St. Barnabas Medical Center – Patricia Reusing – Acquiring and using Softlink to automate and streamline library processes.
- Geisinger Health System – Patricia Ulmer – Equipping the library with an assistive technology workstation.
- New York State Nurses Association Library – Warren Hawkes – Replacing their 10 year old hardwired network with a secure free-standing wireless independent network.
- Mercy Hospital – Grace DiVirgilio – Upgrading of library computers to to along with the library’s move to a new, higher traffic locale.
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center Library – Halyna Liszczynskyj – Upgrading of library computers and software.
- Albany Medical College – Enid Geyer – Using Lenovo Tablet PCs for developing support skills and remote reference.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center – Susan Cleveland – Computer kiosks to provide consumer health information to patients, family members and visitors.
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital Forbes Regional Campus – Heidi Patterson – Upgrading library computers.
- Delaware Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health – Susanne Ingle – Upgraded computers and scanners for improved document delivery and reference services.
- Lourdes Medical Center – Beth Murtaugh – 24/7 access computer workstations.
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital – Heidi Patterson – Patient and Family Education Center computers.
- Matheny Medical Center – Jungwon DeVone – Computer and scanner upgrades for improved document delivery and patron computer access.
- Coney Island Hospital – Laraine Tursi – Upgrading of library computers, printers and faxes for improved document delivery, patron access and staff workflow.
Congratulations to all the award recipients!
All MAR network members keep an eye out for our next call for applications of Technology Improvment Award in late summer or early fall! Next time it could be you!