Value of Library and Information Services in Patient Care Study
Value Study Overview
- Value Study Overview (video)
- Poster of Summary Results
- Full Study Results
- Regional Results / Middle Atlantic Region
- Regional Results / Mid Continental and Greater Midwest Regions
- Regional Results / Southeastern/Atlantic and South Central Regions
- Regional Results / Pacific Southwest and Pacific Northwest Regions
- Regional Results / Canadian Region
- Summary Aggregate Report for Nurses
- Summary Aggregate Report for Physicians and Residents
- Summary Aggregate Report for Association of Academic Health Science Libraries (AAHSL) Sites
- Summary Aggregate Report for Sites that are Not Members of the Association of Academic Health Science Libraries (AAHSL)
- Marshall JG, Morgan JC, Thompson CA, Wells AL. The impact of library and information services on patient care quality. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance 2014; 27(7). Available in print in August.
- Marshall JG, Morgan JC, Klem ML, Thompson CA, Wells AL. The value of library and information services in nursing and patient care. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing. Forthcoming.
- Sollenberger JF, Holloway RG. The evolving role and value of libraries and librarians in health care. JAMA 2013 Sep; 310(2):1231-1232. DOI: doi:10.1001/jama.2013.277050
- Marshall JG, Sollenberger J, Easterby-Gannett S, Morgan LK, Klem ML, Cavanaugh SK, Oliver KB, Thompson CA, Romanosky N, Hunter S. The value of library and information services in patient care: Results of a multi-site study. Journal of the Medical Library Association 2013 Jan; 101(1):39-46. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.101.1.007
- In June 2013, JMLA reports since January there have been 2,489 full text views and 1,109 downloads in PubMed Central. There have also been 2,481 hits on our Value of Libraries Study website.
- Sollenberger, J. Value of Libraries Study Update Presentation. NN/LM MAR Regional Advisory Committee meeting, Feburary 27, 2009, New York, NY.
- Dunn K, Brewer K, Marshall JG, Sollenberger J. Measuring the value and impact of health sciences libraries: Planning an update and replication of the Rochester Study 2009; J Med Libr Assoc 97(4): 308-312.