GMR Tech Talks
GMR Tech Talks is a bi-monthly webinar series that will cover a variety of timely and relevant technology topics for health sciences librarians. Classes may include overviews of current trends, how-tos for popular software, and tips and tricks for navigating the modern technology landscape. All webinars take place at 1 p.m. Central Time unless otherwise advertised.
- Please register here for upcoming sessions.
- Verify your system supports Adobe Connect at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm . If your computer fails the test, please contact your IT department for support.
- Meeting details:
- Meeting URL: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/techtalks/
- Login: as a guest with your first and last name.
- Audio: Use the "dial out" audio option in Adobe Connect to have the system call you. If you have problems with the audio, the manual call-in instructions will be posted in the room.
- All sessions carry 1 MLA CE credit . Recordings can be viewed for credit up to four weeks after the session.
- We recommend registering for sessions you intend to view as recordings to ensure you receive updates or additional materials provided by the instructor. Registration is available while the class is eligible for CE.
- TBD (April 18, 2014)
If you have difficulty opening any of the files on this page, please right-click on the file you wish to view and save it to your computer. To receive credit for a recorded session, please complete the survey at the link provided in the recording or contact the Technology Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guide to the Mobile Operating System Wars (February 7, 2014)
- Does it really matter who's winning? The mobile operating system (OS) controls every aspect of how our smartphones and tablets look and behave. In this talk, Tiffany will discuss the current state of the OS market and how it affects personal and professional use of mobile devices in the library. Special attention will be given to the differences in design, compatibility, and function in three main players (Apple iOS, Android, and Windows 8).
- Presenter: Tiffany Tawzer
- MLA CE available until: March 7, 2014
- Free Online Tools for Librarians (December 13, 2013)
- Want to do more with less? Discover new programs for image editing, infographics, presentations, and other cool services. Tiffany will talk about a wide range of free, web-based programs that can be used instead of--or in addition to--expensive desktop-based software, all without the need to download or install anything to your computer.
- Presenter: Tiffany Tawzer, Technology Coordinator, NN/LM GMR
- MLA CE available until: January 10, 2014
This icon designates a link outside the NN/LM GMR Web site and indicates a non-GMR hosted resource.