GMR Lake Effects
GMR Lake Effects is a webinar held on the third Thursday of each month at 1 p.m. Central Time. Date and/or time changes will be clearly indicated.
To obtain an MLA Continuing Education certificate for viewing recordings of Lake Effects sessions, you must do so within two weeks of the recording date.
Please register here for available sessions.
Meeting link: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/lakeeffects/. Please enter your full name in the Guest box.
- Test: Verify your system supports Adobe Connect at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm . If your computer fails the test, please contact your IT department for support.
- Login: As a guest with your first and last name
- Audio: Use the audio option in Adobe Connect. If you have problems with the audio, call 1-866-628-8620 and enter the passcode: 742384 (Please note: passcode and number updated 09 September 2014)
- CE: Each session has been approved for 1 hours of Medical Library Association Continuing Education Units:
MLA Clearinghouse Record
- Please register if you want MLA CE (whether you plan to listen live or to the recording); Registration is available while the class is eligible for CE
- After the session, a link will be provided to the evaluation and online certificate
- Contact the GMR at email@example.com after listening to the recording to confirm your name is sent to MLA
If you have difficulty opening any of the files on this page, please right-click on the file you wish to view and save it to your computer.
In order to ensure that you have access to the most up-to-date materials, GMR staff reviews the archives on an annual basis and removes those recordings deemed to be no longer relevant. For further information regarding Lake Effects programs, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- eXtreme project management: change-driven project lifecycles (September 18, 2014)
- Evaluation 2.0: Trends, New Ideas, Cool Tools (August 21, 2014)
- The era of long surveys full of yes-no questions and five-point scales is waning. The emerging trend in evaluation practice emphasizes interaction and social engagement of stakeholders. This webinar will present tools and methods designed to accommodate this trend. Topics include story-based evaluation methods, technology tools to support data collection, and data visualization techniques that can generate broad interest in evaluation findings.
- Presenter: Cindy Olney, PhD, NN/LM Outreach Evaluation Resource Center
- NLM Exhibition Program: K-12 Resources (July 17, 2014-rescheduled from March)
- The Exhibition Program at the National Library of Medicine "creates lively and informative exhibitions and educational resources that enhance awareness of and appreciation for the collections of the National Library of Medicine." In this Lake Effects, Samanthi will discuss the Exhibition Program and traveling exhibits, with an emphasis on the wealth of K-12 educational resources designed to promote understanding of how the past informs the present and can shape the future.
- Presenter: Samanthi Hewakapuge, MLS, MA, NN/LM Greater Midwest Region
- Presentation (129 kb)
- Resources for LGBTQ Health (June 19, 2014)
- According to HealthyPeople.gov, "Research suggests that LGBT individuals face health disparities linked to societal stigma, discrimination, and denial of their civil and human rights." Tune in for a Pride Month presentation on health disparities in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) communities. Health information resources for health care practitioners as well as consumers for these populations will be provided.
- Presenter: Jacqueline Leskovec, MLIS, MA, RN
This icon designates a link outside the NN/LM GMR Web site and indicates a non-GMR hosted resource.