Toolkit for GMR-Funded Outreach
|Topics on this page:|
As part of a requirement of funding, GMR subcontractors - including Outreach Librarians and the Principal Investigators for awards and subcontracts - report on activities performed in two main categories of outreach: training and exhibiting. The following are provided to assist Outreach Librarians and Principal Investigators in reporting on and sharing activities in the region.
- Training activities include training on National Library of Medicine (NLM) resources such as might be performed one-on-one or in a classroom setting. Two paper forms are provided to aid in data collection, the Outreach Data Collection Form and the Outreach Participant Information Sheet. Links to these forms and instructions for their use are provided below:
- Please keep these activity forms for your records. The Activity Reporting section of the new Outreach Portal is currently under development
- For more information on or for questions about Activity Reporting: Outreach Librarians, contact the GMR State Contact Librarian; and Principal Investigators, contact the GMR Program Coordinator
- Exhibits are not considered training activities and do not require completion of an Activity Report in the new Outreach Portal; however, a formal class on NLM resources held at the exhibit booth or during the event would count as an outreach training activity
- Determine which of our Types of Exhibits is appropriate for the event and the additional Handouts you may need
- Track contacts at each exhibit on the Tally Sheet for Contacts at Exhibits (also in )
- Send the completed tally sheets to the GMR following the exhibit OR submit them with the required reports
- The Exhibit Report (also in ) is attached to the Tally sheet; send it to: Holly Ann Burt, Outreach and Exhibits Coordinator , firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A brief summary of the exhibit experience should be included the required reports
Network members planning outreach activities may benefit from planning and Evaluation assistance provided through the GMR office and the Outreach Evaluation Resource Center (OERC) of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine. Contact Jacqueline Leskovec, Outreach, Planning and Evaluation Coordinator, Email Jacqueline for more information.
The following statement should be used in all publications, posters, and web pages resulting from projects funded through the NN/LM contract:
This project has been funded in whole or in part with Federal funds from the Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine, under Contract No. HHSN-276-2011-00005C with the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Required project final and subcontract quarterly reports must be entered via the appropriate reporting system. All reports except Exhibit Reports must be written and submitted via the Online Contract Reports (OCR) System: https://outreach.nlm.nih.gov/ .
Contact your GMR program coordinator for additional information on the OCR and/or to obtain an account for a funded project.
- Outreach Librarians
- Principal Investigators
- Ruth Holst, Associate Director
NN/LM Greater Midwest Region
1750 W Polk Street M/C 763
Chicago, IL 60612-4330
rholst at uic.edu
- Recipients are encouraged to report on the experience in The Cornflower, the GMR blog, and agree to allow the NN/LM GMR to republish reports and materials.