Exhibiting in the GMR
Exhibits have proven to be an effective means of promoting the products and services of the National Library of Medicine (NLM ) and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM ), Greater Midwest Region (GMR), to large groups of health professionals as well as to community organizations, including public libraries, that provide health information to consumers. Additionally, exhibits enable local librarians to meet with specific clients in their own territory to promote the services and resources of their own institutions.
Volunteer to Assist at GMR Exhibits
The GMR sponsors a variety of national and regional exhibits and we welcome volunteer help at these events. Please look for announcements on GMRLIST and your state email lists and visit our GMR Calendar for upcoming events. Please note that the GMR reimburses for travel expenses and some meals. We deeply appreciate your involvement and look forward to sharing with you at upcoming exhibits.
Apply for an Exhibit Award for Regional Events
The NN/LM GMR, under contract with NLM, offers a number of Exhibit Awards each contract year to Network Members to exhibit at state and local health association meetings, state or public library association meetings and community organization programs serving consumers. Up to $1,500 is available for costs associated with exhibiting. A minimum of four awards will be made in Option Year 01 (May 2012 - April 2013) and proposals are accepted continuously. Proposals not funded in one contract year may be resubmitted in subsequent years. Please allow at least two (2) months prior to the exhibit for proposal review.
Please visit our list of Exhibit Award - Recipients. For the 2006-2011 contract, there is also a list of previous Exhibit Award Recipients available.
Additional Exhibiting Links
- NLM Traveling Exhibitions - bring an exhibit to your institution
- Borrowed Exhibit Application - for those who need exhibits, but don't require funding
- Tally Sheet for Contacts at Exhibits - to collect information on your exhibit
- Types of Exhibits - available for your use through the GMR
- Educational Products and Print Materials - order for exhibits and presentations
- Handouts - brochures and flyers that may be downloaded and printed
- Exhibit Support Materials - links to reporting, reimbursement and other forms (generally shipped with the exhibit)
- Report a Problem with an Exhibit
- 10 Small-Booth Graphics Mistakes - an excellent reference when creating your own exhibit graphics