Exhibiting in the GMR
Exhibits have proven to be an effective means of promoting the products and services of the National Library of Medicine (NLM ) to large groups of health professionals and the public. Exhibits also enable local librarians to meet with specific clients in their own territory to promote the services and resources of their own institutions.
Volunteer to Assist at GMR Exhibits
The GMR sponsors a variety of national and regional exhibits and we welcome volunteer help at these events. Please look for announcements on GMRLIST and your state email lists and visit our GMR Calendar or the GMR Update for upcoming exhibiting events. Please note that the GMR reimburses for travel expenses and some meals. We appreciate your involvement and look forward to sharing with you at a future exhibit.
Apply for an Exhibit Award for Regional Events
The NN/LM GMR, under contract with NLM, offers a number of Exhibit Awards each contract year to Network Members to exhibit at state and local health association meetings, state or public library association meetings and community organization programs serving consumers. Up to $1,200 is available for costs associated with exhibiting and proposals are accepted continuously. Proposals not funded in one contract year may be resubmitted in subsequent years. Please allow at least two (2) months prior to the exhibit for proposal review.
- To apply, visit Exhibit Award - Request for Proposals.
- Visit our list of Exhibit Award - Recipients for ideas from past events.
- Note: if you don't need funding, you may still borrow one of our exhibits, just use the Borrowed Exhibit Application ; just be sure to turn in a Exhibit Tally Sheet with the exhibit
- For comprehensive information on funded outreach, including exhibiting, visit: Toolkit for GMR-Funded Outreach
Additional Exhibiting Links
- NLM Traveling Exhibitions - bring an exhibit to your institution
- NLM Educational Materials Order Form - for exhibits and presentations (other than those for which you are submitting an Exhibit Award Application)
- Handouts - brochures and flyers that may be downloaded and printed
- 10 Small-Booth Graphics Mistakes - an excellent reference when creating your own exhibit graphics