|Topics on this page:|
Contact the Regional Medical Library in your area for regional funding information, review of proposals before they go to NLM, letters of support for NLM grant applications, and training support for awarded projects.
- Greater Midwest Region (GMR)
- MidContinental Region (MCR)
- Middle Atlantic Region (MAR)
- New England Region (NER)
- Pacific Northwest Region (PNR)
- Pacific Southwest Region (PSR)
- South Central Region (SCR)
- Southeastern/Atlantic Region (SEA)
NN/LM Projects Database (lists projects that have received funding from the NN/LM starting in 2001)
The Extramural Programs of the National Library of Medicine funds projects in areas important to its mission.
As the nation's premier repository of biomedical information, NLM has a vital interest in information management
and in the enormous utility of computers and telecommunication for improving storage, retrieval, access,
and use of biomedical information. NLM provides extramural support through grants-in-aid and, less commonly, contracts.
Click on the extramurals links below, to find out more about grants offered by NLM.
- Division of Extramural Programs
- Extramural Programs Awards (list of awards made since 1997)
- Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool (RePORT) Reports, data and analyses of NIH research activities, including a searchable database of federally funded biomedical research projects conducted at universities, hospitals, and other research institutions.
Provides links to Funding Opportunities, Grants Policy and Guidance, Awards Data and Receipt Dates. The NIH Grants Policy Statement is an up-to-date policy guidance that will serve as the terms and conditions of NIH awards and provides information about the NIH staff, organization, and the grants process. The Guide for Grants and Contracts Archive may be searched to find official NIH policies, procedures, and funding availability.
- NIH Grant Application Basics http://grants.nih.gov/grants/grant_basics.htm
- Electronic Submission of Grant Applications http://era.nih.gov/ElectronicReceipt/index.htm
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding electronic submission of grants to NIH. Discusses the procedure around using Grants.gov
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts is the official publication for NIH medical and behavioral research grant policies, guidelines and funding opportunities;
the weekly issue is searchable and available via email.
- NIH Funding Opportunities is also available in RSS (Really Simple News Syndication) format
- NIH Extramural Nexus is a bimonthly update from the NIH Office of Extramural Research (OER), NIH.
To subscribe send an email to Listserv@list.nih.gov including only the words "Subscribe EXTRAMURALNEXUS" in the body of the message
Find other funding opportunities at Funding Beyond NLM and NN/LM
Find information on writing proposals at Proposal Writing Support