Libraries in the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, and New England have less than three days to put plans in place for the potential impact of Hurricane Irene. If your library is within or near the projected path (see map below) you should be making plans now as it’s currently looking like Irene will make landfall over the weekend. What should you be planning?
- make sure weekend staff know how to contact the appropriate individuals should problems occur
- weekend staff should also be aware of where your sheets of plastic are kept in the event of leaks or flooding
- have a plan in place to announce closing information through multiple sources
- have a copy of your disaster plan, preferably your one-page Service Continuity PReP
- have contact information for your backup library and your Regional Medical Library (1-800-DEV-ROKS)