The official start to hurricane season (June 1) is still over two months away. However, one long-range weather specialist from AccuWeather is predicting a very active season. Joe Bastardi predicts a “major bounce back of activity” compared to the lack of hurricanes last year. Bastardi predicts that five hurricanes will reach land with two or three of them being major events. The reasons for the increased activity, according to Bastardi, are warmer water temperatures and greater humidity.
Tweets from the Coordinator
- Our CMHSL service continuity team just updated our one page plan. The meeting lasted just 20 mins. We are now ready for winter. about 2 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- Bad cable under parking lot responsible for power outage at Billings Public Library. http://t.co/MXLm9s9uDI about 2 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- Pinterest is a great place to get ideas for your emergency kit. Here's a link to a collection of boards: http://t.co/78FEXSSJFa about 2 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- Pics from yesterday's NN/LM Emergency Preparedness & Response Summit in State College, PA. It was a great success! http://t.co/ubEIvvSpTR about 3 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- Check out the refreshed look of the NN/LM EP&R website. And while there, take the library disaster readiness test. http://t.co/ntZBBxAyyk about 3 months ago from TweetDeck
RSS Feeds Etc.