Dan asked Javier Crespo, Associate Director of the NER, about his region’s activities in promoting emergency preparedness and response recently, knowing that NER had been planning a presentation to one of the chapter meetings in their region, and here’s what’s been happening (or about to happen) in the NER…thanks Javier!
- last week, presented the RML Emergency Preparedness Open Forum at the annual meeting of the North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries (NAHSL)
- provided a brief overview to Massachusetts Health Sciences Library Network (MAHSLIN)
- presentation to the Maine Health Sciences Libraries and Information Consortium (HSLIC) (Dan spoke at their June meeting)
- presentation to the Southeastern Massachusetts Consortium of Health Sciences Libraries (SEMCO)
- presentation to the New Hampshire/Vermont Health Sciences Library Association
- presentation scheduled for November to Association of Rhode Island Health Sciences Libraries (ARIHSL)
In addition, Javier and his staff are putting together a multi-part workshop that will teach the “10 Step Service Continuity Plan” piece of the NN/LM National EP&R Plan in a series of modules, via AdobeConnect webconference. The end result will be a cohort of members who have documented plans for response and recovery during an emergency. They hope to have the training sessions ready for presentation in early 2009.
I know that the other NN/LM regions have been busy promoting the plan also–please send me any information you’d like to share and I’ll post it here!