The THeSLA meeting was fantastic! All participants were motivated to make things happen, and we came out with a lot of good ideas and initiatives. Here’s a list of some of the charges that the group will be working on:
1. Encourage all health sciences libraries in Tennessee to write a disaster plan based on the Pocket Response Plan (PReP).
2. Initiate disaster preparedness discussions with resource libraries in state.
3. Look into adding an MDConsult subgroup to TENN-SHARE.
4. Develop a grant for a “disaster information cart.”
5. Encourage health sciences libraries in Tennessee to make preparedness arrangements with a “buddy” library.
6. Create a Tennessee disaster related blog on the SE/A web page.
7. Find out from SOLINET what disaster related resources/services they offer.