Lisa McGuire, our pandemic planning expert from the University of Minnesota Health Sciences Library, reports that she did a brief survey of health sciences administrators in her region on whether they had incorporated any pandemic planning in their disaster plan. She reports that the resounding answer was no or not yet, but speculates that most are probably waiting for plans to come down from their parent institution. Last spring, I emailed the the UVA Health System’s Emergency Preparedness director about pandemic planning, and she stated that a plan was in the works. I’ll see if I can get an update on UVA’s plan.
Tweets from the Coordinator
- Our CMHSL service continuity team just updated our one page plan. The meeting lasted just 20 mins. We are now ready for winter. about 2 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- Bad cable under parking lot responsible for power outage at Billings Public Library. http://t.co/MXLm9s9uDI about 2 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- Pinterest is a great place to get ideas for your emergency kit. Here's a link to a collection of boards: http://t.co/78FEXSSJFa about 2 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- Pics from yesterday's NN/LM Emergency Preparedness & Response Summit in State College, PA. It was a great success! http://t.co/ubEIvvSpTR about 3 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- Check out the refreshed look of the NN/LM EP&R website. And while there, take the library disaster readiness test. http://t.co/ntZBBxAyyk about 3 months ago from TweetDeck
RSS Feeds Etc.