Adapted from SIS NLM, http://1.usa.gov/1VQ92x7
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) is pleased to announce the solicitation of quotations from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects for improving HIV/AIDS information access for patients and the affected community as well as their caregivers and the general public. Emphasis is on increasing the awareness and utilization of NLM online health and medical resources in the HIV/AIDS Community through the use of innovative and evidence-based projects.
Projects must involve two or more of the following information access categories:
- Information retrieval;
- Skills development;
- Resource development and dissemination; and/or
- Equipment Acquisition.
Significance is placed upon the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these programs:
- Community-based organizations (CBOs) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS related serves to the affected community;
- Public libraries serving communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources;
- Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve public health;
- Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services; and/or
- Multi-type consortia of the above-listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project.
Awards are offered for up to $50,000.
Quotations are due to NLM on June 13, 2016.
The solicitation for the 2016 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Project is posted on the Federal Business Opportunities Web site, http://1.usa.gov/21PneGd