SAMHSA’s “KnowBullying” app helps prevent bullying
KnowBullying, a free smartphone app created by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), provides parents, caretakers, educators, and others with information and communication support to help prevent bullying and build resilience in children.
- Conversation Starters: Start easy, meaningful conversations with your children.
- Tips: Learn strategies to prevent bullying for ages 3 to 6, 7 to 13, and older teens.
- Warning Signs: Recognize if your child is engaging in bullying, being bullied, or witnessing bullying.
- Reminders: Talk with your child when the time feels right: a quiet moment on the way to school or a game, during dinner, or playing outside.
- Social Media: Share successful strategies and useful advice via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text messages.
For the complete press release from SAMHSA, visit their news release page: http://1.usa.gov/1l7s5mX