New No-Cost Resources – Multilingual included
Kind of a mixed bag for resources, but consider this your weekly round-up.
- SAMHSA: New report and toolkit now available. Top Health Issues for LGBT Populations Information & Resource Kit.
Equips prevention professionals, healthcare providers, and educators with information on current health issues among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) populations. Includes an overview of terms related to gender identity and sexual expression.
Available at http://bit.ly/GXYY13
- White House: New Spanish language presentation on the Affordable Care Act available online. La Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio y Usted (The Health Care Law and You).
Available at http://1.usa.gov/GCmCMF
- CDC: April is National STD Awareness Month. 2012 theme Reaching Young People. Online resources and toolkit now available at http://1.usa.gov/c0scEi
- HHS: Launching of updated anti-bullying website. http://www.stopbullying.gov/
- New on the MedlinePlus Seniors’ Health topic page is an Alzheimer’s Prevention video from HealthDay.
Seniors’ Health topic page: http://1.usa.gov/jwG30
Alzheimer’s Prevention video: http://1.usa.gov/HPbcn7
- Healthy roads media has a ten part series for patients on the complexities of taking Coumadin (Warfarin) safely. This series is available as free web-videos and patient handouts. They are available in both English and Spanish
Available at http://bit.ly/HiQH8r